Predefined Color Shemes
Food Safety is important but where can I find the best information?
By Dr Mahsa Majzoobi 14/02/2020
Great resources with up-to-date information about food safety are “Food Standards Australia and New Zealand (FSANZ)”, “Australian Institute of Food Safety”, “Safe Food Australia - A guide to the Food Safety Standards” and there are many more.
Information about different aspects of food safety can be found on the following resources:
- Food Standards Australia and New Zealand (FSANZ) https://www.foodstandards.gov.au/ provides food standards in general as well as food safety standards (https://www.foodstandards.gov.au/industry/safetystandards/Pages/default.aspx)
- https://blog.smartsense.co/food-safety-education-month-hazards-prevention: This website contains basic information about four elements that make food unsafe including biological, chemical, physical and allergy hazards.
- Australian Institute of Food Safety has excellent resources about biological, chemical and physical food contaminants. https://www.foodsafety.com.au/resources/articles/food-safety-and-the-different-types-of-food-contamination. It also offers food safety training courses to boost your career skills and refresh your information https://www.foodsafety.com.au/courses
- Safe Food Australia - A guide to the Food Safety Standards. This book can be downloaded for free on https://www.foodstandards.gov.au/publications/Pages/safefoodaustralia3rd16.aspx
This book is reviewed by FSANZ to ensure it addresses current food safety issues and trends, contains up-to-date evidence and references and provides information targeted for temporary and mobile vendors and for home-based businesses.
- Online Food safety Third Edition, practical tools for self-assessment, 2019, By: Gerardus Blokdyk, Publisher: Emereo Publishing (available to order on booktopia.com)
- Food Safety A Complete Guide - 2020 Edition By: Gerardus Blokdyk, Publisher: Emereo Publishing (available to order on booktopia.com)